Monday, May 18, 2009

Fighting Alone


Sometimes the presence of friends in my daily life made me forgets one important thing.

We're born alone, we shall die alone, therefore we have to live life alone.

It's a grim thought. No, it's a grim reality.

We may walk this life hand in hand with our family members, with our friends, with our loved ones, but in reality we live this life alone with only our conscience as our sole friend.

This thing really showed in earnest when we're faced with a battle of our life. Our family and friends might be there with us. But the truth is, the one who fought that battle is only us as individuals.

But... sometimes... even in that darest moment in our life, we might find out one other grim reality. And that is when no one seems to understand our current position.

No matter where you look, you just can't seem to find one single open hand that tried to offer a glimmer of empathy.

At that particular moment, we will finally really truly realize that we are on our own in this battlefield called life.

Well, so be it.

I've had my share of love and warmth. Now, it's time for me to face that cold and harsh realization that I have to fight alone.

I shall plunge in to it alone, and by God's will, someday I will soar alone.

Sometimes it's unbareable, but it's fine. Loneliness can't kill me.

I have to do this, or else this darkness will engulf me. Slowly it will if I don't face this war alone.

I don't want to be angry somebody, let alone hate somebody. And I took the most logical way out. Don't give anybody the chance to make make me angry and feed this darkness with that anger.

In manus tuas, Domine, confide spiritum meum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok...what happened Dito?

Tapi gue setuju sama pendpat lu...we're born alone, we shall die alone, therefore we have to live life alone...it's a grim reality for sure..

Carl R. Rogers pun berpendapat bahwa yang bisa memahami sebuah masalah hanyalah orang yang mengalami masalah tersebut. Sedalam apapun kita mencoba mengerti/memahami, rasa pengertian/pemahaman itu tidak akan sama seperti yang dirasakan oleh individu yang bersangkutan. Harsh and hard, but that's the truth.

So...kalo boleh tau, ada apa? Sorry if it seems no one offered one single open hand to offer you a glimmer of empahty...maybe I can be the hand?

Meskipun tidak ada yang mampu memahami situasi lu sebaik diri lu sendiri...at least biarkan gue untuk mencoba memahami :)

We're here for you my friend...